Congrats Derek ! Awesome port.
Chuckie Egg (VIC20)
A downloadable game
Reset64 is proud to present:
Chuckie Egg (VIC20)
Guide Hen-House Harry through each screen, collecting 12 eggs to continue before the timer reaches zero. You may also collect the seeds to earn points. Contact with the birds will cause Harry to lose a life.
Chuckie Egg can be played by up to 4 players.
- Press F1 to use joystick
- Press F3 to use keyboard
- Press F5 to turn audio off
- Press F7 to turn audio on
- Keyboard controls: Q (up), A (down), O (left), P (right), Space-Bar (Jump)
- Shift + H - Hold
- Shift + F7 - Abort
Chuckie Egg will work on a Commodore VIC20, TheC64/TheVIC20 or your favourite VIC20 emulator. A file configured and ready to play on the The C64/TheVIC20 is included in the downloads, as well as a standard PRG file and D64 image.
NOTE: Chuckie Egg requires 32kb RAM Expansion to work.
Chuckie Egg was originally released on the ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro and Dragon 32 by A&F Software, in 1983.
Original game design: Nigel Alderton
VIC20 version: Derek
Chuckie Egg 32K v1.1
- In some instances, Hen-House Harry got stuck on an elevator platform. This has been fixed.
- NTSC fixed. The game runs faster and there is some flicker on the top left of the screen. However, the game should be playable. NTSC compatibility has not been tested on real hardware. Please report any bugs here.
- Chuckie Egg v2.2 updateNov 13, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Fantastic. Great gameplay. Thank you for creating this and on the mighty Vic-20 too. Brilliant.
Wow, Wow, Wow. What a fine job! Joystick support is amazing. I'm just missing the zxmkl controls I use on the Beeb! Many thanks!
Thank-you! I'll pass your comment on to Derek. Perhaps keyboard controls could be implemented in a future version :-)
An impressive conversion of the original game, congratulations ^^ !
Excellent conversion! Top stuff!
Can you add music and remove colour clash?
Amazing and Awesome, Thanks for the Game.